kelzang Namgay's page

Introduction

Introduction
My name is Kelzang Namgay. I was born in a small village of Thrisa, Zhemgang Dzongkhag to father Mr. Dorji Khandu & Mother Kuenzang Lhamo in 20/10/1989. I started primary education in Shingkhar Pry. School and Higher Secondary School in Zhemgang. I was studied in Sikkim Panipal University. I am working in RICBL, Bhutan.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Free of Education

" I was cow herder at the age of seven years". I have to take my cows for grazing every time, up in the mountain, dowhills and dense forest. I was entirely village boy. My parents make sure me to get enough grasses for cattles. Some time, i will be late in the evening missing some of cattles. I am third family and my two brother was already admitted in the school. Four of my younger sister are still in a line. I never thought of getting into school, neither parents did encouraged me. My friends are going school already. I was only dreaming my daily task, that is taking cattles into ground. My two brother didn't last long in the school. They never attend classes, bunked from school.

Now they were no more school children. After some years two of them joined monastry for religious studies. I am still herder!. Its was raining, misty weather, i was searching my young calf who gone missing for some days. It was my third search going around place but couldn't heard any signal. What to do now? can resume further? or will go back to home? i was worried as my father being rude and rigorous. More, i was worried hungry bear could eat me.  Then, i took bench of stalk to rest for while. 
Now, i was at home taking meals. I asked my father to admit me in a school. I explained importance of education and future benefits too. As of now, Bhutan is providing free education especially to rural people. I was inspired my friend getting every help from school, means free from Country. 
Now, i will be going no more as herder. My parents had acepted my schooling. I was over excited. I will be joining my friend than. By then, i was in grade two comimg with good performance.My parents danced with my achievements. I encourage them to sent remaining sister to school as our country is providing free cost of education. Now, thank to government for free education. I was done with Higer education n all my sister are still learning in school. I also thank to my friend who inspired me a lot and all wishers for thier good ecouragements. Never the less, I never forget my parents who did everything to me. Now, i am happy what i am in the present world.
Bhutan is providing free cost of education n never miss chance to shape your life. Education is a source of happiness.